The Blue Chip Cable Access Awards is a cooperative venture among Greater Cincinnati area cable access organizations to recognize the achievements of local media producers.
ENTRANTS MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHWEST OHIO/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA/SOUTHEAST INDIANA.
Participating centers include:
Telecommunications Board of Northern Kentucky
Northern Kentucky University
Cincinnati Community Media
Waycross Community Media
Producers may enter any original production with a first time
cablecast or webcast between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022.
How to Enter
ENTRANTS MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHWEST OHIO/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA SOUTHEAST INDIANA.
Entries must be submitted online by Friday, February 10, 2023.
Each entry must be accompanied with the appropriate entry fee:
- FEE: $15.00 = any access program or webcast submitted through a producer residing in the Greater Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky area/ Southeast Indiana.
Programs will be judged in four criteria:
- CONTENT — Does the program clearly reflect the category it is entered in? Does it hold the viewer’s interest? How effective is the production?
- CREATIVITY — Does it present the program creatively? Does the approach hold the viewer’s interest? Does it use the medium to it’s potential?
- PRODUCTION — Shot composition, camera. Audio clarity, mix. Shot selection, editing.
- REACTION — Overall impression of the producer’s intent. Demonstrate the criteria of the category program is submitted in.
Please note that programs submitted into multiple categories may be judged by the same set of judges. Contest judges are at the discretion of the access center judging the category. The same judging panel will evaluate all programs within that category and at the same level. Judges will view three segments of the entry — one from the beginning, one in the middle and one near the end. Exact times and sections are at the discretion of the judging panel.
Evaluations by the judges are final.
Submission of an entry in this competition signifies that the producer(s) agree to permit its cablecast on area community access channels.
Nominees will receive an e-mail indicating nominated programs by April 21st. This e-mail will list the program title and name that were listed on the entry form for use on the plaques and certificates. One certificate or plaque will be made by the awards committee. Additional plaques or certificates may be purchased at the entrant’s expense.
Non-winners will receive an invitation e-mail, also in May