The Blue Chip Cable Access Awards is a cooperative venture among Greater Cincinnati area cable access organizations to recognize the achievements of local access producers.ENTRANTS MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHWEST OHIO/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA.
Participating centers include:
Campbell County Media Central
Telecommunications Board of Northern Kentucky
Northern Kentucky University
Cincinnati Community Media
Producers may enter any original production with a first time
cablecast or webcast between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
How to Enter
ENTRANTS MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHWEST OHIO/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA.
Entries must be submitted online by Friday, January 20, 2017.
Each entry must be accompanied with the appropriate entry fee:
• FEE: $10.00 = any access program or webcast submitted through a producer residing in the Greater Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky area.
Awards are based on the decision of the judges. To be eligible for a Blue Chip Award, an entry must receive at least 40 percent of the possible points available. If no entry in a particular category reaches this 40 percent level, the category will be re-judged by the Blue Chip Committee Judging Review Panel. If the entries still do not reach the 40 percent level, no award will be given in that category.
Programs will be judged in four criteria:
• CONTENT -- Does the program clearly reflect the category it is entered in? Does it hold the viewer’s interest? How effective is the production?
• CREATIVITY -- Does it present the program creatively? Does the approach hold the viewer’s interest? Does it use the medium to it’s potential?
• PRODUCTION -- Shot composition, camera. Audio clarity, mix. Shot selection, editing.
• REACTION -- Overall impression of the producer’s intent. Demonstrate the criteria of the category program is submitted in.
Please note that programs submitted into multiple categories may be judged by the same set of judges. Contest judges are at the discretion of the access center judging the category. The same judging panel will evaluate all programs within that category and at the same level. Judges will view three segments of the entry -- one from the beginning, one in the middle and one near the end. Exact times and sections are at the discretion of the judging panel.
Evaluations by the judges are final.
Submission of an entry in this competition signifies that the producer(s) agree to permit its cablecast on area community access channels.
Nominees will receive an e-mail indicating nominated programs in May. This e-mail will list the program title and name that were listed on the entry form for use on the plaques and certificates. One certificate or plaque will be made by the awards committee. Additional plaques or certificates may be purchased at the entrant’s expense.
Non-winners will receive an invitation e-mail, also in May